Heritage 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Wake up to the smell of fresh coffee every morning with the Heritage Programmable Coffee Maker. With its automatic keep- hot and 24-hour delay brew functions, you can obtain the most optimal results right when you are ready to drink. Its anti-drip function automatically pauses brewing for a maximum of 30 seconds when serving during a brewing cycle. The Coffee Maker has a 12-cup capacity making it ideal for serving large quantities when entertaining. Forgetful by nature? No problem. It also comes with important safety features such as an auto-off function that turns the device off 2 hours after brewing begins and a boil-dry protection which prevents the device from brewing without water in its reservoir. This set includes a permanent dishwasher safe filter basket and holder as well as a pre-measured coffee scoop.
Available exclusively at Canadian Tire
- 1.8 L / 1.9 qt Capacity
- Brew up to 12 cups
- LCD display
- 6 buttons : On-off, delay brew, program, strength, minute & hour
- Removable, dishwasher-safe filter basket and holder
- Glass carafe
- Boil-dry protection
- 30-second anti-drip function : pause & serve
- Automatically turns off 2 hours after brewing is activated
- Automatic keep hot function
- 900 Watts
Available exclusively at Canadian Tire
NOTE: Wash carefully before first use.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
CAUTION: Be sure to unplug this appliance before cleaning. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or unit in water or any other liquid. After each use, always make sure plug is first removed from wall outlet.
1. Clean all detachable parts after each use in hot sudsy water.
2. Wipe the exterior surface of unit with a soft, damp cloth to remove stains.
3. Water droplets may buildup in the above area of the funnel and drip onto the product base during brewing. To control the dripping, wipe off the area with a clean, dry cloth after each use.
4. Use a damp cloth to gently wipe the warming plate. Never use an abrasive cleaner.
5. Assemble all parts and put aside for next use.
CLEANING WITH VINEGAR Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffee maker. Cleaning is recommended once a month.
A. Pour white vinegar into the water reservoir up to the 6-cup line on the water window. Add cold water up to the 10-cup line.
B. Put a filter paper in the filter basket and close the cover. Set the empty carafe on the warming plate.
C. Turn on the coffeemaker and let half the cleaning solution brew into the carafe (until water level goes down to around "5"). Turn off the coffeemaker and let it soak for at least 15 minutes to soften the deposits.
D. Turn on the coffeemaker and brew the remaining cleaning solution into the carafe.
E. Turn off the coffeemaker
empty the carafe and discard the soiled filter.
F. Fill the reservoir with cold water to the 12-cup line, replace the empty carafe, then turn on the coffeemaker for a complete brew cycle to flush out the remaining cleaning solution. You may have to repeat this to eliminate the vinegar smell/taste.
G. Wash the filter basket and carafe as instructed in CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
HINTS FOR GREAT TASTING COFFEE
1. Make sure to clean the coffee maker as specified in the "CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE" section. Always use fresh, cold water in the coffee maker.
2. Store unused ground coffee in a cool, dry place. After opening a package of ground coffee, reseal it tightly and store it in the refrigerator to maintain its freshness.
3. For a better tasting coffee, buy whole coffee beans and finely grind them at home before brewing.
4. Do not reuse coffee grounds, this will greatly hinder the coffee's flavor. Reheating coffee is not recommended as coffee is best consumed immediately after brewing.
5. Oiliness may occur more frequently if heavily roasted coffees are used.
6. Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
7. Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the finished brew.
8. For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with 1 or 2 tablespoons of hazelnut, chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
9. Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean - you will be pleased with the flavor
1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original purchase date.Please retain your original receipt as a proof of the purchase date. Any complaints must be registered within the warranty period. The product will be repaired, replaced (parts or entire appliance) or refunded at our sole discretion. Shipping charges may apply.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: Negligent use or misuse of the product including failure to clean the product regularly, use for commercial purposes, accident, use on improper voltage or current, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone other than a Heritage authorized service agent.
Stains, discoloration and minor scratches on the inside and outside of the utensil constitute normal use, do not affect performance, and are not covered by this warranty.
Decisions as to the cause of damage are the responsibility of Heritage. All decisions will be final.