Light tomato sauce, fresh basil and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese make this all-star One Pot sausage and mushroom pasta recipe one of our favorites! For an extra kick, use half hot sausage and half sweet sausage!
PREPARATION TIME 10 minutes
COOKING TIME 15 minutes
- 1 lb (454 g) spaghettini (or other long pasta)
- ¾ lb (340 g) pre-cooked sausage (chorizo style), sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 3 cups (750 ml) grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 to 30 fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 ½ cups (1.1 L) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In your The Rock One PotTM 5 Qt Dutch Oven, add all the ingredients except for the cheese; stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low, stir and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly until pasta is al dente. Adjust seasoning. Stir in cheese.