This sweet apple and pear pie is prepared using the spiralizer for a light texture that will delight you!
- 1/4 (60 ml) of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 medium apples
- 2 medium pears (Bosc)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 2 homemade pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°C
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and the brown sugar. Stir constantly until you get thick syrup.
- Core the apples using an apple corer.
- Spiralize the fruits using your Starfrit Electric Spiralizer (slicing blade). Sprinkle with lemon juice to avoid browning.
- Place the bottom crust onto a round baking dish. Add the fruits and the poor the syrup. Cover with the second pie crust. Poke a few vent holes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.