Chicken Filet Couscous
Chicken filets, seared with shallots, garlic and black olives, deglazed with lemon juice. Accompanied by couscous generously garnished with dried fruit!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 Shallots
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 Lemons
- 6 sprigs Parsley
- 2 Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup Couscous
- 6 Dried apricots
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts in large strips.
- Chop the parsley and the garlic.
- Finely dice the shallots, remove the tomato seeds and dice the flesh.
- Slice the olives.
- Finely dice the dried apricots.
- Squeeze all the lemons and strain the juice.
- In a hot The Rock pan with vegetable oil on medium-high heat, sear the filets until golden brown, add the shallots and then the garlic.
- Cook three more minutes and deglaze with the lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes and the olives and cook for two more minutes on medium-low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, coat the couscous with olive oil and mix with your hands.
- In a big The Rock pot, bring the stock to a boil and pour it over the couscous, cover with a saran wrap and reserve for 20 minutes.
- Once it is fully cooked, season to your liking, add the cumin, the dried fruits and keep warm.
- In your Lock&Lock Easy Match 850 ml Round Container, place some couscous on one side and the chicken filets on the other, pour sauce all over and finish with parsley.