Wine Sauce Chicken Thigh Stew
Inspired by the blanquette of veal, here is the chicken version. A rich white wine sauce accompanied by roasted carrots. Carry it without any mess in your Lock&Lock Easy Match 750 ml (25 oz) Square Container by Starfrit!
White wine chicken
- 12 units Boneless chicken thighs
- 1 large White onion
- 3 tbsp Wheat flour
- 1 cup White wine
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/4 cup 35% cooking cream
- 3 sprigs Flat parsley
- 6 unit(s) Garden carrots
- 1/2 head Garlic
- 2 sprigs Thyme
Preheat your oven to 420°F
- Peel and mince the onion. Prepare the chicken stock and keep warm.
- Pluck the parsley.
- Peel the carrots and cut them lengthwise, or in halves depending on their size.
- In a hot The Rock pot with oil, sweat the onions without browning them.
- Next, add the chicken and simmer until golden brown.
- Remove the excess oil or fat.
- Sprinkle with the flour to ensure an even coating on all the pieces.
- Mix and add the mustard and cook for another minute.
- Add the white wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- You can add a bit of cream at this point to make it richer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for roughly 20 minutes.
- Make sure the carrots still have a slight crunch once done.
- In your lunch box Lock&Lock Easy Match 25 oz Square Container by Starfrit, place the chicken stew on top as well as some roasted carrots.
- Garnish with parsley leaves.
- You can re heat easily in the microwave!