Chicken Zucchini Pasta
Looking for ways to incorporate more vegetables in your meals? By cutting your zucchini into spirals, you can easily replace pasta for a healthier alternative.
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- Serve with lemon wedges
- Spiralize the zucchinis using your Starfrit Electric Spiralizer (circle blade). Remove all excess water with a paper towel.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the zucchinis for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste and set aside. Do not overcook as the zucchinis will get soggy. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken using the same skillet. Season to taste.
- Add the avocado, basil, garlic, lime juice and parmesan in a food processor. Pulse all the ingredients until to get a creamy texture. Add water as needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the zucchinis pasta, the avocado pesto and chicken. Mix gently to avoid breaking the strands.
- Serve with lemon wedges and top it off with grated parmesan.