In the mood for something chocolaty? Here is a recipe of chocolate doughnuts that will be sure to please everyone! You don't have a deep fryer? No problem - you can do it with the help of your The Rock Electric Skillet.
- 21/4cups Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tea spoon Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Softened butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
Preheat your oil to 350 F°
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, the flour, the baking powder and the salt.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the brown sugar and the soft butter.
- Add the eggs and mix again until smooth.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk.
- Wrap the dough in plastic film and let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface until you obtain 1 cm in thickness.
- Cut the dough in circles of desired size and repeat the same step to cut a smaller whole in the middle to get the doughnut shape.
- In your The Rock Electric Skillet, heat up your oil.
- Dip your doughnuts in the hot oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Make sure to have a nice golden coloration.
- Place the doughnut on absorbing paper as soon as you take them out of the oil.
- Once cooled, sprinkle them with the powdered sugar.