Christmas Meat Pie
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ lbs ground porc (lean)
- 1½ lbs ground veal (lean)
- 1 potato, finely chopped
- ½ cup dressing (fine herbs)
- 2 prepared pie crusts, frozen
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- In a large The Rock Diamond saucepan, brown onion in oil at medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the pork and veal, cook on low heat for approximately 10 minutes or until well cooked. Remove excess liquid. Add the potato and ddressing. Mix well. Simmer for another 10 minutes, mixing occasionally. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Fill a pie crust with meat mixture. Remove the 2nd crust from the aluminum plate and place on top.
- Pinch sides to seal crust (top and bottom). Cut slices on the top of the pie to let heat evaporate during cooking. Use beaten egg to cover top crust.
- Bake on bottom grill for 15 minutes at 450 °F.
- Reduce heat to 375 °F and cook for remaining 45 minutes.
- Can be served with fruit ketchup.