Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Fresh Basil, Sundried Tomatoes
Canapés of diced and sundried tomatoes, red onions, garlic all slightly cooked and served on warm baguette croutons and garnished with a basil chiffonade and crumbled goat cheese. Done in one easy step with the Food Processor by Starfrit!
- 3 Italian tomatoes
- 6 Sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 sprigs Basil
- 1/4 cup Fresh goat cheese
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Red onion
- 1/2 Baguette
Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Put the tomatoes, the sundried tomatoes and the red onion in the Food Processor, by Starfrit.
- Finely cut the basil and chop the thyme leaves.
- Crumble the goat cheese.
- Cut the baguette into thin angled slices.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking tray and drizzle them with a little bit of olive oil.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until golden.
- In a large The Rock non-stick pan, drizzle a little olive oil and sauté the onions for about 2 minutes with a pinch of salt.
- Add in the garlic and keep stirring for an extra minute.
- Add in the sundried tomatoes and Italian tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add in the chopped basil, thyme and crumbled goat cheese mixing very carefully to make sure not to melt the cheese completely.
- Serve this bruschetta mix on the croutons immediately.
- You can drizzle some reduced balsamic vinegar on top as a garnish and add some basil chiffonade on top.
- Cook the bruschetta at the last minute to preserve its freshness.