- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cooking cream
- 3 cups Button mushrooms
- 1 cup Shiitake mushroom
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 cloves Chopped garlic
- 1 cup Fresh goat cheese
- 6 sprig(s) Chives
Preheat your oven to 355 F°
- Peel potatoes and place in cold water to prevent darkening.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Cut one of them in half and chop finely the rest of the garlic.
- Chop the thyme at the last moment to prevent darkening.
- Remove the Shiitake stems and slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Cut the chives as thin as possible.
- With the garlic clove cut in half, generously rub the bottom and the sides of your Starfrit 5.3" (13.5cm) Cast Iron Skillets with Maple Wood Trays.
- Afterwards, repeat the procedure with a piece of butter.
- With a mandoline, cut the potatoes in thin slices (1mm thick) and gather all the slices in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the thyme and the minced garlic.
- Pour the dairy products on top.
- With your hands, separate each slice to make sure that they are not sticking together.
- Mix again to ensure that the seasoning is everywhere.
- Then place the potato slices one layer after the other in your mini pans that you previously prepared.
- The only left to do is to pour the extra sauce in the pans.
- If the potatoes are not covered with the liquid, add cream.
- Place the pans in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Your knife should easily pierce through the layers of potatoes to consider the dish cooked.
- Once cooked, the gratin should have a nice golden color.
- In a hot oiled pan, grill mushrooms with a dash of salt to give them a nice color.
- Take off the heat and add goat cheese crumbles - keep warm.
- Adjust seasoning.
- When ready to serve, place the Starfrit 5.3" (13.5cm) Cast Iron Skillets in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Once taken out of the oven, place them on the Maple Wood Trays, and sprinkle the chives on top.