Layered Vegetarian Salad
No problem whatsoever bringing this vegetarian salad to work with you for a healthy lunch packed with freshness, thanks to the Lock&Lock Starfrit containers.
- 1 Green Apple
- 2 Trays Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Yellow peppers
- 15 sprigs Chives
- 1 cup Pearled barley
- 1 Liter Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt 0%
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsps White balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsps Water
- 1 Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Zests of 1 lime
- Clean the produce and pat dry with a rag.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut into strips.
- Make small cubes from the granny smith apples.
- Set aside with a splash of lemon juice to avoid oxydizing.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in 2.
- Slice the cucumber into slices.
- Set all the produce aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a sauce pot with the vegetable stock, bring the barley to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let cook for roughly an hour or until cooked through.
- Strain and set aside in the fridge.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make a bed of barley at the bottom of your dish.
- Alternatively place all of the other ingredients on top of the barley so as to make a nice colorful bed.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and then all you need to do is mix well when ready to eat!