One Pot Mac and Cheese
Everything taste better with bacon, and this One Pot easy mac and cheese recipe is no exception. Try this unique makeover of a classic recipe!
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1½cups (375 ml) milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) 15% fat cooking cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dehydrated onion flakes
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) garlic salt
- Ground white or black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups (750 ml) macaroni
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch, diluted in 4 tbsp (60 ml) of cold milk
- 3 cups (750 ml) old cheddar cheese, grated
In your The Rock One PotTM 5 Qt Dutch Oven, at a medium heat setting, brown the bacon for 4 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, milk, cream, onion flakes, garlic salt, pepper and pasta; stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to medium, stir and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly until pasta is al dente. Turn off heat. Immediately add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the preparation has thickened. Add cheese and let it melt completely. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.