One Pot Teriyaki Tofu with Noodles
Looking for a new and tasty way to include tofu to your diet? Try this One Pot Teriyaki tofu with noodles recipe! The sweet and salty sauce brings the tofu to another level. It’s worth the try!
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) firm tofu, cubed
- 1¼cups (315 ml) snow peas, trimmed
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- White or black ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) egg noodles
- 2½cups (625 ml) chicken broth
In your The Rock One Pot 5 Qt Dutch Oven, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger and garlic; stir well. Add tofu cubes and coat thoroughly with the sauce. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low, stir and simmer, half-covered, for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook until pasta is al dente. Adjust seasoning.
The sauce can be thickened, if desired, by mixing a 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cold water. Once pasta is cooked, add this mixture into the dutch oven and let simmer for 1 minute.