Potato & Spinach Gratin
We never get tired of potato recipes - have fun presenting this gratin dish with spiralized vegetables!
- 1/4 (62 ml) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 (62 ml) flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) milk
- 1/4 tbsp. (1ml) nutmeg
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) fresh spinach
- 2 cups (500ml) of grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°C
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and brown the onion and garlic. Incorporate the flour and stir constantly until you get a thick paste. Add the milk and stir continuously for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the nutmeg and set aside.
- Spiralize the potatoes using your Starfrit Electric Spiralizer (slicing blade).
- Butter the bottom of your baking dish (9''x9'') and start with a layer of potatoes, pour half of the béchamel sauce, add the spinach and the rest of the potatoes and the béchamel sauce.
- Top it off with grated cheese and place in the oven for 35 minutes.