Delightfully comforting quiche recipe. The Rock by Starfrit-8" Round Dish lets you accumulate and then gives & distributes enough heat equally to have the perfect crust in the dough. With this delicious recipe, you'll be asking for more!
- 2 unit(s) Italian tomatoes
- 3 slice(s) Cooked ham
- 1/4 cup(s) Gruyere cheese
- 10 unit(s) Anchovy fillet
Dough (Pâte brisée)
- 5 cups Wheat flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup 35% cooking cream
- 1 tbsp Provencal herbs
- 4 handfuls Arugula salad
- 2 Anchovy fillets
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
Preheat your oven at 400°F
- Wash the tomatoes, grate the cheese and cut the ham in small cubes (brunoise).
- Cut the tomatoes into medium slices.
- Cover the very bottom of the quiche with grated cheese, then the ham and the slices of tomatoes.
- Lastly, the anchovies.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together; flour and salt.
- Make somewhat of a volcano and pour in the liquid ingredients; the egg, the olive oil and the water.
- Blend everything but do not mix it too much, in a mixing bowl or the old fashioned way on a table.
- Cover with a plastic wrap then put it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Put some parchment paper all around The Rock by Starfrit-8" Round Dish.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk.
- Throw in the cream and the milk and then season with the nutmeg, the herbs and salt & pepper.
- Pour the mixture inside the round dish, 2 inches off the very end.
- In the oven for 20 minutes at 400F.
- In a container, throw the vegetable oil, the olive oil, anchovies, the mustard, salt & pepper.
- With a hand mixer bring everything together to make a great emulsion.
- At the very moment of service, scatter lemon zests all over.
- Quiche inside a round plate, salad on the side and a couple of cheese shavings here and there and on the salad.
- The dough; again, it's very important not to mix it too much.
- Make sure the butter that goes inside the mix isn't cut into small cubes, but medium ones.