Stuffed Zucchini with Duck Confit
Small bites with south of France flavors, a nice and simple mix between South-West and Provence, that you will bring with you in your lunchbox Lock&Lock Bento - 1.6L by Starfrit!
- 1 Confit duck legs
- 2 Zucchinis
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Italian tomatoes
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 30 ml Duck fat
Preheat your at 400°F
For the preparation
- Finely chop the onion, the garlic and the thyme, empty the tomatoes and cut the flesh in small cubes.
- Remove the meat from the confit duck and chop it.
For the small stuffed zucchinis
- Cut the zucchini in big slices, about 2 cm, then on one side empty the center, making sure not to go all the way through (2/3 depth roughly), place them on a baking tray with silicone mat, a nice drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, and cook them in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
For the duck stuffing
- In a pan, melt the duck fat and sweat the onions, then add the garlic with the thyme, finally add the duck flesh and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, finish by adding the tomatoes, and season to taste.
For the plating
- Stuff the zucchini with the duck mix and flash them in the oven for 3 minutes, then transfer to your lunchbox Lock&Lock Bento - 1.6L by Starfrit.
- You will only have to warm them up in the microwave to enjoy them!
- For the stuffing, you could do it with ground meat or change the vegetables, that is entirely up to you!