For the salad:
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa rinced and drained
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 can of chick pees (540 ml), rinced and drained
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) smoked paprika
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) cumin
- 18 cherry tomatoes (varied colors), cut in halves
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 500 ml (2 cups) arugula leaves
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped parsley
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) chopped mint
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) mustard
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) honey
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) chopped garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a saucepan, put quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, let simmer for 18 to 20 minutes until liquid is completely absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix with a fork.
- Make sure chick pees are dry with paper towels. Place in bowl with maple syrup, paprika and cumin. Mix.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchemin paper (or silicone sheet), place the chick pees. Cook 25 to 30 minutes stirring a couple of times during cooking period, until pees are golden and crunchy.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for the dressing. Add cherry tomatoes, red onion, arugula and sun flower seeds.
- Place quinoa in plates. On each plate, place salad and chick pees. Serve.
Source: © Pratico-Pratiques 2017