Vegetable Spring Rolls
A spring roll made with rice paper as a base, carrots and radish for the crunch, mint and chives for freshness and a sweet and sour sauce. Easily carry these delicious rolls in the Starfrit Lock&Lock Easy Match 950 ml / 32 oz Square Container and keep your sauces and condiments separate with the different compartments in the container.
- 1/5 lbs Rice vermicelli
- 8 units Rice paper
- 2½tbsp Black sesame seeds
- 1 Heart of Boston lettuce
- 3 Carrots
- 10 Radishes
- 16 leaves Mint
- 1/2 bunch Chives
Sweet and sour sauce
- 4 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 cloves Chopped garlic
- 1/2 unit Red pepper
- 2 sprigs Coriander
- 12 units Crushed peanuts
Chive cream cheese
- 1½cups Cream Cheese
- 8 sprigs Chives
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- Pour boiling water on the vermicelli and let rest for 5 minutes. Rinse them in cold water and strain them.
- In a bowl of warm water, rehydrate the rice noodle sheets and then set them on a moist cloth.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds all over.
- Place some vermicelli in the center of the rice sheet.
- Add the carrots, soybeans, lettuce leaves, mint and chives.
- Fold each side toward the center of the roll and then roll in the opposite direction to obtain a cylinder.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Sweet and sour sauce
- Clean the vegetables.
- Grate the carrot, mince the garlic and pepper.
- Combine with the fish sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper.
- Add the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the chives.
Lock&Lock lunch box
- Place the spring rolls in your Starfrit Lock&Lock Easy Match Square Container, and in the separate compartments, place the sweet and sour sauce as well as the chive cream cheese.
- You can use this sweet and sour sauce for grilling.
- In the spring rolls, you can start by placing full mint leaves so that they show through the rice paper.
- You can always make fine juliennes from the vegetables which is sure to impress your guests.