Vegetarian Burger with Lentils
Here is a burger recipe that is sure to please vegetarians and is loaded with protein! Easy to make and even easier to transport thanks to the Lock&Lock Easy Match 950 ml square container by Starfrit.
- 3/4 cup Can of green lentils (19 oz)
- 1 Onion
- 8 oz Button mushroom
- 1 clove Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 1 cup Wheat germs
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 4 Burger buns
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
Preheat your at 400 F°
- Strain the lentils.
- Mince the onions and mushrooms.
- Grate the cheese.
- Toast the pine nuts for roughly 5 minutes in the oven.
- Make nice slices of the tomatoes and onions to garnish the burgers.
- In a skillet with butter, color the onions and cook the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook until almost fully evaporated.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a food processor, place the lentils, cheese, pine nuts, wheat germ, mustard and capers.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Add the mushrooms and onions that have cooled down slightly.
- Form the burger patties to fit the size of bun that you selected.
- Sear the patties in a pan for roughly 4 minutes on each side.
- You can toast the burger buns if you wish.
- Spread the mustard and ketchup on the bottom half of the buns.
- Place the lettuce next.
- Top with the veggie patties, tomato slice and onion rings.
- Add any other sauce that you wish.
- Top with the other half of the buns.
- Transfer to the Lock&Lock Easy Match 950 ml square container.
- You can flour the outside of your patties once they are formed to help keep them from sticking or falling apart.