Woven Apple Strudels
A classic dish from Europe that is surprisingly easy to make! It is also, very easy to carry in your Lock&Lock container.
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 Sheet of puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1½cups 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean
Preheat your oven to 400 F°
- Combine an egg and water in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the apples into 1/8-inch slices, make sure they aren't too thin or they will easily overcook.
- Cut and scrape the vanilla beans and combine with the cream, set aside in the fridge.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and apple slices.
- Make sure they are all evenly coated.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on your baking sheet.
- Place a line of apples in the center lengthwise.
- Cut the pastry from the apples to the outside of the sheet in ¾ inch wide strips.
- Make a braid by folding each strip, alternating between each side in an X pattern until you get to the end.
- Brush with the egg wash (egg and water) and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in the oven for roughly 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, with the help of a whisk, whip the cream and vanilla until you have a whipped texture.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Cut the strudel into the desired size and place in your Starfrit Lock&Lock Easy Match 1.2 L / 42 oz Rectangular container.
- You can garnish with the vanilla whipped cream immediately or place it in another smaller container (Lock&Lock Easy Match 250 ml / 8 oz Round Container) to garnish at the last minute and ensure maximum crisp.