Moist Yogurt and Pineapple Cake
Moist yogurt cake, citrus sherbet, mandarine gel, lime zest whipped cream: a simple recipe that will be great to prepare with the kids. Preparing pineapple becomes child's play with the Starfrit Pineapple Slicer! The lime whipped cream brings a nice touch of creamy freshness to the dish.
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt 0%
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 3 cups Wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Pink grapefruit
- 2 Lemons
Lime whipped cream
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- Zests of 1 Lime
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Peel the pineapple with the help of the Starfrit Pineapple Slicer.
- Make small cubes with the flesh.
- Butter and sprinkle the molds with sugar.
- In the indicated order, combine all the ingredients (except the baking powder) and combine with a whisk.
- Add the baking powder last, then pineapple cubes and combine gently.
- Fill the molds to 3/4 of their height and transfer to the oven for roughly 35 minutes.
- Peel the citrus with the help of a knife making sure to get to the flesh of the fruit.
- With a paring knife, remove the flesh from the citrus making sure not to take any membrane. Set aside.
- If possible, wait to the last minute to make the citrus supremes, as they have a tendency to lose their juice quite quickly.
Lime whipped cream
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar with a good amount of energy (or using our egg beaters).
- It will be easier if the bowl is cold as well.
- Once the cream is sufficiently whipped, transfer to the fridge.
- When ready to serve, make nice egg-shaped drops and top with lime zest.
- Cut nice slices of the cake and lay them on their side on the plate.
- Garnish with the whipped cream topped with lime zest and place the citrus salad to the side.
Products used in this recipes
- SaleBest sellerThe Rock 4x8" Ceramic Ovenware0343940040000Special Price $10.00 Regular Price $18.99