Starfrit The Rock - 12'' Electric Skillet
Starfrit The Rock - 12'' Electric Skillet is rated out of 5 by 179.
30cm x 30cm / 12" x 12"
- p>Starfrit The Rock Electric skillet is your partner for healthy cooking - prepare delicious homemade meals in minutes. The extra-thick base allows even heat distribution to cook your favorite meals quickly with less energy. The skillet is also ideal for breakfast, you can cook eggs, pancakes, bacon, potatoes - the possibilities are endless! The Electric skillet is designed to go from the kitchen to the dinner table with cool-touch handles and removable temperaure controller. Impress your family and friends and serve your favorite recipes directly in the electric skillet. The patented Rock.Tec surface treatment offers a non-stick cooking surface that is three times better than traditional non-stick cookware so you can enjoy your meal without having to worry about cleaning./p>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Easy to clean, non-stick cooking surface/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Cooks quickly with less energy/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Removable/adjustable temperature controller/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">12" x 12" cooking surface/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Tempered glass lid/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Cool touch handles /span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">Heavy duty, extra-thick base/span>/li>
- li>span style="font-weight: 400;">1200 Watts/span>/li>
Please refer to the attached instruction manual for further instructions.
- Before each use, ensure the knob is securely attached and retighten as necessary.
- Store the product in a cool, dry place.
- For better non-stick performance, it is recommended to add a teaspoon of cooking oil prior
- Never heat an empty utensil. Be sure there is oil, butter, liquid or food before placing the
- Cooking on excessive heat can cause warping of the cookware and permanent damage to the non-stick coating.
- Never cut anything in the cookware or use utensils with sharp edges as to avoid piercing the non-stick surface.
- Add salt to water only after it has come to a boil. Salt grain deposit on the cookware bottom will attack the
- Never use metal scouring pads to clean the non-stick surface.
- Never put cold water into a hot utensil. Sudden changes of temperature may cause metal to warp, resulting in an
- The exterior may become dull and discolored due to the action of certain detergents. Our warranty does not cover
1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original purchase date.Please retain your original receipt as a proof of the purchase date. Any complaints must be registered within the warranty period. The product will be repaired, replaced (parts or entire appliance) or refunded at our sole discretion. Shipping charges may apply.
This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any of the following: Negligent use or misuse of the product including failure to clean the product regularly, use for commercial purposes, accident, use on improper voltage or current, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair or alteration by anyone other than a STARFRIT authorized service agent.
Stains, discoloration and minor scratches on the inside and outside of the utensil constitute normal use, do not affect performance, and are not covered by this warranty. Decisions as to the cause of damage are the responsibility of Starfrit. All decisions will be final.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Shawn B from Love it, BUT.... We bought this frying pan after Christmas 2016 at Walmart. This frying pan was amazing! We were so happy with it, I must have thrown away the receipt I can not find it. Now we come to this morning. I toss in a potato patty for breakfast. After it is cooked on the one side, I flip it. Go back 5 minutes later and it hasn't browned yet. I wait for a few more minutes and check it again. No different. Realize as my hand is over the pan, there is no heat. The orange light on the cord is on so make sure the plug is in tight, it is. Tried plugging in to a new outlet, still doesn't work. A $50 product should last more than 9 months. Super disappointed.
Date published: 2017-09-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by ruthie from It's about time I originally bought the tiny frying pan for my son for Christmas several years ago when it was on special at Canadian Tire. We were so impressed with it that I now have all the pots, all the frying pans - both large and small, the grill pans and crepe pan. They are the best!!! My son, who also uses them, and I have said ever since we started using the ROCK products that you needed to make it in an electric fry pan. Got the electric frying pan and the electric pot for Christmas and cannot wait to use them. Also planning to replace my panini grill as soon as I see the ROCK one go on sale.
Date published: 2017-01-02
Rated 3 out of 5 by Remi from good product, impractical heating system The skillet is great, I am satisfied with the construction and the power, however it has a major flaw/ The heat is not consistent. You choose the temperature you want, for example 350 degrees. Once the skillet reaches your desired temperature, it shuts itself off, until the temperature lowers enough below desired temp, and it turns on again. Two modes. On and off. Much like an oven. This becomes frustrating if you are trying to cook with precision. All in all, it's valuable for the price, but not a perfect substitute for a hotplate and pan. It was designed to be used as you would a roasting pan in an oven.
Date published: 2016-10-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sunshine from Best skillet we have owned!! I purchased this item for my spouse as an Xmas gift. He does most of the cooking and has done nothing but complain about our existing electric skillet. Every time he uses The Rock electric skillet he praises how much he likes using it. I do the clean-up and it is so easy to wash up. Keep up the good work....I plan I purchasing other Starfrit The Rock products.
Date published: 2017-01-14
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mac8 from Overall Very Good Product The pan seems to have excellent non-stick coating, but having only had it for a couple of months, can't say if it will definitely stand the test over time. The size/shape of the pan is good, although I would love to see a slightly larger/deeper model available. The cord, however, is ridiculously short, a common problem with modern countertop units. Barely reaches an outlet. Needs to be longer - this presents a safety issue in my home if used as is. Fairly expensive at regular price - sale price makes it good value.
Date published: 2017-08-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gayle from Best electric skillet I've used ever!!! I depend on electric skillets for my everyday kitchen needs....from deep frying to stir frying and everything else in between. My son bought this for me as an early Christmas gift and now I will never go back to Black an Decker which was my main skillet that I always used!
Date published: 2016-12-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynnchick from Beyond expectations!!! I bought this about 2 months ago, and have not stopped using it. Every inch retains the same level of heat, no hot spots, no cold spots. Browns, sautes, and fries everything perfectly even. Clean up is a breeze.
Date published: 2017-10-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by PugDaddy from Skillin' It Enjoyed cooking on my new skillet. It's easy to use and really dutiable.
Date published: 2017-07-21
The The Rock electric I want to order. How???
Hello, Make sure you are visiting the English-Canada site and you will see that you can add to cart all the items you want. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2019-06-17
Hi. Two days ago the probe of our 3 year old skillet shorted out halfway through the cooking process, shooting huge sparks off the counter & onto the kitchen floor, fortunately no damage. Breaker blew & probe & pan fused together. What happened???
Hello, You would have to discuss the issue with our customer service as it seems abnormal. By talking with them, they will be able to help out and see what happened. They can be reached at 1-800-361-6232 (leave message). Have a nice day!
Date published: 2019-02-18
Can I order a replacement handle for the side of this? Mine has broken and only a month old..
Hello, Our customer service typically has replacement parts for our products. You can reach them at [email protected] by identifying the exact model and they will advise you properly. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2019-02-11
What does the 'F' stand for on the temperature control dial? Also, is there a simmer setting?
Hello, It's for "Fahrenheit". To simmer, put it on the lowest temperature and it should be fine. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2019-01-28
Hello the thermostat for my pan produced a burning smell and smoke. It is no longer useable. Where can I purchase a thermostat?
Hello, by reaching out to our customer service you can get a replacement part. Please contact them at 1-800-361-6232 (leave message) or [email protected] Have a nice day!
Date published: 2019-01-09
How deep is the 12X15 inch electric skillet
Hello, It's a little more than 2 inches deep. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2018-11-20
I'm loving my 12 x 15 starfrit fry pan for its browning and easy clean surface. Two concerns I have : 1) needs longer cord as barely reaches my plug in 2) Could a heat plate be added underneath as my cupboard gets too hot if using for 20 mins or more.
Hello, Happy to hear you like our electric skillet. You can plug into an extension cord if you need to and we recommend placing a cutting board under the skillet for extended use to protect the counter. Hope this helps. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2018-09-11
Is the depth of the 12x15" electric skillet the same or deeper than the 12x12" skillet? Thank you.
Hello, Yes it's approximately the same depth. Have a nice day!
Date published: 2018-05-14