This easy to make One Pot Chicken, Mozzarella, Ciabatta Strata is perfect for brunch and entertaining, and can also be served as an appetizer.
PREPARATION TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups (500 ml) milk
- 12 eggs
- ¾ cup (190 ml) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb (454 g) chicken meat, cooked, cut into cubes
- ½ large ciabatta bread, cut into cubes
- Salt, pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh basil leaves
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C). In your The Rock One PotTM 10’’ x 13’’ Rectangular Dish, at a medium heat setting, soften the leek in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and eggs; stir well. Add cheese, chicken meat and bread. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to make sure each piece of bread has been soaked. Continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes, folding occasionally. Sprinkle with the basil and bake for about 20 minutes, uncovered, or until the eggs are cooked. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.