Apple Crisp (in pressure cooker)
It's apple season and you want new ways of preparing your apples? How about a flavorful apple crisp recipe prepared quickly in the electric pressure cooker!
- 8 apples small green apples are great, cored and peeled, sliced thick or cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Put peeled and sliced/cubed apples into your Pressure Cooker. Then add the 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of water into your pot. Stir together.
- Lock the lid and close steam valve. Press Whole Grain and let the unit gather pressure. Once the timer starts counting down, wait 1 minute.
- Once the timer reaches 19:00, press Cancel and manually release the pressure using the pressure release valve on the lid and wait at least 5 mins to make sure all pressure is released.
- While waiting for depressurization, in a separate bowl, mix together the old-fashioned oats with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/4 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until well combined.
- Open the pressure cooker lid, set your Pressure Cooker to Sauté and sprinkle the crumble mixture into the pot, gently push down into the liquid allowing it to bubble and thicken (about 1 min).
- Stir very gently about 2 times during the 1 minute as it begins to bubble.
- Press Cancel to stop cooking. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.