Beef and Beans Chili
A hearty comforting meal that is prepared quickly using the Starfrit pressure cooker - sauté onions and beef in the appliance then close cover and cook! Simple and fast, you'll be hooked.
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 lb (907 g) ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (540 ml) kidney beans
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 can (828 ml) crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Press Sauté function and let the appliance preheat for 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil and sauté onions, ground meat and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Once meat is browned, press Cancel and switch to Beans/Chili.
- Add all ingredients to the cooking pot and add water. Stir to combine.
- Close the lid. Once cooking time is over, the appliance will beep 5 times and automatically switch to Warm mode. Note: Refer to the ‘’ COOKING PROGRESS DISPLAY ’’ section to monitor cooking stages.
- Let the appliance cool down completely. For a quick release; carefully turn the steam release vent to the Release position. Do not try to force the lid open.