- 2½cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Pearled barley
- 6.2 oz Ground beef
- 6.2 oz Ground pork
- 12 big Cabbage leaves
- 1 pack White mushrooms
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 3 cloves Chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Feta cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 F°
- In a hot The Rock skillet with oil, brown the minced meat making sure it is nice and colored.
- Prepare your vegetable stock.
- Cut the mushrooms into small cubes.
- Mince the onion and garlic.
- Seed the pepper and then cut it into cubes.
- Seed and cube the zucchini.
- Crumble the feta cheese.
- Bring a The Rock stock pot to a boil, add the barley, lower the heat and cook for roughly 1 hour.
- Once cooked, strain and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the cabbage leaves until tender cooked through.
- Transfer to an ice bath to keep a nice bright color.
- In a hot The Rock skillet with oil, cook the mushrooms, onion and pepper.
- Add the zucchini and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the barley and minced meat that you cooked earlier.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly.
- Lay out a cabbage leaf and place roughly a half cup of the stuffing in the center.
- Roll and fold over the edges as to make sure that the stuffing will not fall out.
- In an oven proof dish, lay out most of the tomato sauce on the bottom, then line the cigars up side by side on top of the sauce.
- Place the rest of the sauce on top and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Cover and bake for roughly 1 hour.
- You can count 2 cabbage rolls per person for a hearty lunch.
- Simply reheat them in your Lock&Lock Easy Match 1.2 L / 41 oz Rectangular Container come lunch time!