Braised Beef Blade Roast
A tasty, comforting and unpretentious dish. Add some freshness with this kale, carrot and endive salad. The Starfrit Meat Claws allow you to pull apart the meat while still hot without burning your hands!
- 3 lb Beef blade roast
- 2 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Blond beer
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup White vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 leaves Cabbage Kale
- 2 large Carrot
- 2 Endives
- 50 ml Home vinaigrette
Preheat your oven to 300°F
- Grate the carrots, finely slice the endives and the kale leaves.
- Crush the garlic.
- Combine the BBQ sauce ingredients and blend until smooth (use our personal blender).
- Set aside.
- Season the beef with the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In a The Rock oven safe pot, sear the beef with cooking oil on a stove top on high heat.
- Remove from the heat, add the BBQ sauce, cover and place in the oven for roughly 3 hours or until tender.
- You should be able to pull the meat apart with the Starfrit Meat Claws.
- Once the meat is done, remove it.
- Cook the BBQ sauce down if necessary.
- Combine the pulled beef and sauce.
- Combine the vegetables.
- Add the vinaigrette and season to taste.
- Set aside.