Caramelized Apples Crepes
A thin crepe is stuffed with caramelized apple slices and decorated with a drizzle of caramel and a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a tasteful temperature contrast. Use our The Rock multi-pan to make great crepes.
For the crepes
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tea spoon Orange blossom water
For the apples
- 2 Cortland apples
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 unit Lemon juice
For the caramel
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream 35%
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 4 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- Peel, seed and cut the apples into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with a hand blender (egg beater).
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- In a nonstick The Rock skillet on high heat, drizzle some vegetable oil and pour a ladle of crepe batter to cover the surface of your hot pan. Cook 30 seconds on each side to obtain a golden brown color.
Caramelized apples preparation
- In a hot skillet, place butter and caramelize the apple slices with brown sugar.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
Salted butter caramel
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar over medium heat with a little water without stirring.
- Once the sugar has completely melted, continue to cook without stirring until an amber color is obtained.
- At this point, lower the heat and add the salted butter and the cream in a drizzle while mixing.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until the texture gets homogeneous.
- In each plate, place one or two crepes, garnish with a small amount of caramelized apples.
- Fold the crepe to cover the apples and drizzle with caramel.
- Garnish with a scoop of ice cream.
- A very hot pan is necessary for the caramelization of your crepes, which gives them their special flavor and texture.
Products used in this recipes
- Egg Beater0929940030000Out of stock
- Apple Peeler092999006RED1USD$17.99