For the salad:
- 500 ml (2 cups) rotinis (or other pasta)
- 350 g (3/4 lb) chicken breasts (without skin)
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chicken seasoning
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 2 green apples
- 1 small red onion
- 2 oranges
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) seeds of pomegranate
- 500 ml (2 cups) arugula
For the dressing:
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mandarine juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chopped parsley
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) minced basil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sun dried tomato pesto
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a casserole, bring to a boil salted water and cook pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, season chicken breasts.
- In a large deep fry pan, heat oil to medium and cook chicken breats for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- In a bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Cut apples and red onion in thin slices. Peel oranges and cut into small pieces. Slice cooked chicken breasts.
- Add fruits, pasta, chicken, cherry tomatoes, onion, pomegrenade seeds and arugula in bowl and mix.
Source: © Pratico-Pratiques 2017