Chicken Dip with Cheese
A nutritious protein-filled dip to share with friends, easy to prepare and served in The Rock Ceramic Ovenware
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ cup sliced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3½ cups (about 1 lb) shredded roasted chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Montery Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch square The Rock Ovenware dish.
- In the 26cm The Rock Diamond fry pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook about 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in chicken, taco seasoning mix, water, tomatoes and green chiles until well coated. Heat to simmering; cook uncovered 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in Monterey Jack cheese. Pour mixture into 9-inch square The Rock Ovenware dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted. Top with green onions; serve with chips.