Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1/4 inch or so pieces
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice (must use medium to long-grained rice or the consistency will be mushy)
- 12 ounce bag frozen peas carrots and corn medley (or vegetables of your choice)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas chopped in 3
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
On the Pressure Cooker panel, press Sauté to heat the oil. Brown the chicken. Once cooked, press Cancel. Mix in the frozen vegetables, red pepper, snow peas and garlic.
In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, sambal oelek, salt and sesame oil. Pour it over the vegetables and mix together. Add the rice and stir to combine.
Close and lock the lid and Press Rice. Once cooking is complete, release the pressure manually by turning the top valve to the Release position, open the lid and stir the mixture, fluffing the rice with a fork. Stir in the green onions.
Serve with additional soy sauce and sesame oil to taste.