Prepare a healthy and flavorful Parmigiana Chicken recipe with the Starfrit Air Fryer.
- 1 chicken breast, cut in half (on thickness)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup grated Mozarella
- Chopped parsley (for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- Place flour in a deep plate, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and thyme in a deep plate and mix well.
- Mix together egg and milk in a large bowl.
- Take a piece of chicken and place it in the flour mix making sure both sides are covered, place quickly in egg/milk mixture then in Panko mix pressing lightly to make sure it sticks to both sides of the chicken.
- Repeat steps for other piece of chicken.
- Place basket in Air Fryer and cook at 360°F for 8 minutes. After 4 minutes, turn chicken pieces, put tomato sauce on them with Parmesan cheese and continue cooking for 4 minutes or until cheese starts to change color.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immedidately.