This recipe contest winner made his winning "Chicken Teriyaki" with the Starfrit pressure cooker. Simple, tasteful and quick!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, pepper, crushed pineapple and juice, and chicken stock in a bowl and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved
- Place chicken thighs in the pressure cooker and pour in the sauce. Stir gently to coat. Press on Poultry.
- Stir cornstarch into cold water and set aside.
- Once cooking time is up, manually reduce the pressure using the Rapid-release method. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a serving dish; cover with foil and set aside.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the pressure cooker on the Sauté function and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken topped with the teriyaki sauce.
Thanks to our pressure contest winner: François Hachey for his family recipe!