Chorizo Tagliatelle Carbonara Pasta
A simple and delicious recipe in which garlic plays an important role. A symphony of flavours that gives a new life to the traditional Carbonara. Garlic tends to be one of those products that we don't like cooking with because it leaves a strong odor. Those days are done with the Rotary Chopper by Starfrit!
- 375 gr Tagliatelle
- 1 Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 6 cloves Chopped garlic
- 11/2cups Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 250 gr Spanish chorizo
- 4 Italian tomatoes
- 1 Can of corn (540 ml)
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 sprigs Chervil
Cooking the pasta
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Set aside 1 cup (250 ml) of the cooking water and then strain the pasta and transfer it back to the pot.
- Strain and rinse the corn.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove the seeds and then cut into matchsticks and then cubes.
Preparing the garnish
- In a skillet with oil, sweat cubed chorizo (minced) and half of the garlic (minced with the Rotary Chopper by Starfrit).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cooking liquid, the other half of the cheese and the garlic.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the garnishes.
- Cook on low heat until the eggs start to coagulate in order to create your sauce.
- Add the vegetables.
- In a deep dish, place a nice nest of pasta, garnish with parmesan and place an egg yolk in the center.
- Garnish with chervil or the fresh herb of choice.