Christmas Fruit Cake
Seasonal simple recipes that are a pleasure to rediscover each year - like the traditional fruit cake
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups nuts of your choice, chopped
- 2 cups dried raisins or cranberries
- ½ cup red cherries
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly oil two 4 x 8 The Rock Ceramic Ovenware dishes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnmon, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine butter and sugar until smooth. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Incorporate eggs, one at a time, in the same bowl, mixing between each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and water.
- Add nuts, raisins (or cranberries) and cherries.
- Mix together and place in the oven for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes clean.
- Great to prepare ahead of time and can be frozen up to 2 months before the Christmas dinner.