Christmas Vegan Roast
It's not because you eat Vegan that you cannot enjoy Christmas roasts! Try this nutty healthy pastry-covered roast next gathering to satisfy everyone!
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mushrooms (white)
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- ⅔ green lentils, cooked
- 10 teaspoons white wine
- 7 oz mixed nuts to taste (almonds, cashew, hazelnuts)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil (to taste)
- 1 puff pastry (vegan)
- 2 leaves of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Chop onion and use a garlic press for the garlic to retrive the pulp. Clean and chop mushrooms. In a The Rock Diamond fry pan, cook garlic and onion in oil for appriximately 2 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until water from mushrooms is completely gone.
- Add white wine, lentils and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, put chia seeds in water.
- Chop nuts and add to mixture.
- Add chia seeds and all other ingredients, salt and pepper and set aside.
- With plastic film, put all ingredients and make a roll with the mixture.
- Place roll at the center of the pastry (without plastic film) and close pastry. Remove excess.
- Put pastry roll in a The Rock Ceramic Ovenware 4" x 8" dish and place in oven at 400F for 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley leaves.