Classic Macaroni and Cheese
With The Rock Cast Iron, cook on stovetop and place in oven with the same saucepan! Even goes up to "broil" in the oven!
- 1 pound of cooked and oiled Macaroni pasta
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 teaspoons dry Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 4 cups Milk
- 3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Old Cheddar
- Melt butter in Cast Iron saucepan and cook onion, mustard and pepper flakes on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate flour and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Pour milk and cook mixing constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add grated Cheddar and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix until pasta is hot.
- Sprinkle grated Old Cheddar on macaroni. Put oven on "broil". Place saucepan in oven until cheese changes color.