Coconut and Cranberry Scones
Traditional treats for the English afternoon tea! These scones are flavored with coconut and dried cranberries and served with lemon flavored whipped cream. Get the absolute best results with the Silicone Cooking Mat, by Starfrit.
- 3 cups Wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Salted butter
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 2 Eggs
Lemon whipped cream
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Icing sugar
Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter.
- Mix with a stand mixer using a paddle attachment to break down the butter and the flour.
- Finish by adding the milk, one egg, then the cranberries and coconut.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of 2/5 of an inch.
- Using a cookie cutter, form small circles and place them on the Starfrit Silicone Baking mat.
- Brush them all over with the other egg once beaten.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Lemon whipped cream prep
- In a bowl, place the cream and icing sugar.
- Whip the cream until it is firm.
- Add the lemon zest and mix.
- Transfer the whipped cream in a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip.
- Sprinkle the scones with icing sugar and serve with lemon whipped cream rosettes.
- For fluffy scones, remember not to overmix the dough.