Daikon Noodle Soup with Beef
Savor this soup as a complete meal and have fun with vegetables using your electric spiralizer!
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1tbsp. (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1tsp. (5 ml) fresh ginger
- 1/2 or 1 Daikon (depending on the size)
- 2 Carrots
- 2 broccoli stem
- 2 tsp (10 ml) of 5 Chinese spices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) of sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spiralize the vegetables using your Starfrit Electric Spiralizer (circle blade).
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the onions and garlic for about 30 seconds. Add the broth, water, fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Chinese spices and the vegetables and cook for about 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the steak to your personal preference. Let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the soup topped with the steak and garnish with cilantro.