Duck Confit Spring Rolls
Emperial rolls stuffed with duck confit, caramelized onions and corn. Served with a green onion, basil and citrus dipping sauce! Carry this delicacy with you thank to the Lock&Lock Easy Match 550 ml rectangular and 100 ml round containers.
For the rolls
- 12 leaves Deep fried spring roll wrappers
- 2 unit Confit duck leg
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1 unit Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Veal demi-glace
- 1 unit Egg
- 3 sprigs Flat parsley
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 zest Orange
- 3 unit Green onion
- 8 leaves Basil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 F°
- Chop the onion, the flat parsley and the basil.
- Mince the garlic.
- Zest the orange.
- Remove the meat from the duck and shred it very finely. T
- ake the green part of the green onion cut it into thin wedges.
- Caramelize the onion slowly in a pan with vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic and the corn and cook it until you obtain a nice colouration.
- Finish with the veal demi-glace and mix in the duck meat.
- Keep the roll sheets under a wet cloth to prevent drying up.
- Beat the egg that will serve as glue for the rolls.
- Place the sheet in diamond, put the duck mix in the center.
- Fold the sides and baste the upside part with the beaten egg, seal the roll with a small pressure.
- Once sealed, fry the roll and set it aside on absorbent paper.
- In a bowl, mix the rice vinegar, the orange zest and a pinch of salt. While whisking, pour the oil.
- Finish with the fresh herbs.
- The only thing left to do is to cut your spring rolls in two and place them in your lunchbox in Lock&Lock Easy Match 550 ml rectangular containers.
- As for the vinaigrette, the Lock&Lock Easy Match 100 ml round container is perfect to carry with you!
- You can eat them cold, or lukewarm after reheating in the microwave for 45 seconds.