Glazed Pork Chops and Pears Casserole
Use The Rock Collection with T-Lock Detachable Handle
- 4 lb pork loin chops (center-cut)
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large Bartlett pear or 1 Granny Smith apple, as substitute
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In 9" Fry Pan / Square Dish w/Detachable Handle over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half. Cut each piece crosswise in half. Cut each quarter crosswise into slices about 1/3-inch thick.
- Cut pear, unpeeled, into 8 wedges and remove core.
- Arrange sweet potato slices, pear wedges and onion wedges over chops.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over pork chops and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, basting occasionally, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Spoon pan juices over each serving.