Goat Cheese Ball Salad
Mesclun salad with crispy smoked bacon seasoned with a cider vinegar dressing, accompanied with goat cheese balls rolled into tasty walnuts! Summer-ready recipe.
- 4 handfuls Mixed greens
- ½ lb Smoked bacon
- 1/2 box Cherry tomatoes
- 8 sprigs Chives
- 1 cup Fresh goat cheese
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
Preheat your oven to 425 F°
- Roast the walnuts in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Once the nuts have cooled down, chop them finely.
- Dice the bacon and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut the goat cheese into small pieces about ½” square.
- Form balls by rolling them in your hands, then roll them in crushed nuts.
- In a The Rock skillet, fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- Drain and transfer to paper towels.
- Whisk the vinegar with the mustard and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the oil slowly to create a homogeneous dressing.
- At the very end, mix the mesclun, tomatoes, bacon and dressing.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Place a serving of mixed salad and garnish with goat cheese balls.
- Ask your butcher to cut slices of thick bacon into dice for better results.