Meat and potatoes dish - hachis parmentier
- 500 gr Ground beef
- 1 White onion
- 4 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 425 F°
- Mince the onion.
- Heat the milk gently and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a pot with salted cold water (10% by volume).
- Bring to a boil and cook until a knife easily passes through the potatoes.
- Strain the potatoes and then transfer them back to the pot you cooked them in.
- Add the warm milk. With a whisk or potato masher mix until nice and smooth.
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Add the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a hot skillet with oil, sweat the onions.
- Once translucent, add the minced meat and cook thoroughly.
- Transfer the meat and onions to the bottom of your Lock & Lock Glass 500 ml Square container and cover with the mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with little knobs of butter here and there.
- Transfer to the oven until you have a nice golden color.
- All you need to do is heat up your Lock & Lock Glass 500 ml Square container in the microwave or the oven before eating!