Creamy Mushroom Chicken Stew
Tender pieces of chicken thighs with mushrooms cooked in a creamy white wine sauce. Served with carrot purée flavored with cumin and lemon juice. Take it to-go with your Lock&Lock Easy Match 850 ml Rectangular Container!
- 4 Carrots
- 1 tea spoon Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tray Button mushroom
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 cup 35% cooking cream
- 4 sprigs Parsley
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- Peel and slice the carrots thinly.
- Cut chicken thighs into cubes.
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Carrot purée preparation
- Place the carrots in a large The Rock pot filled with water.
- Bring them to a boil and cook 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Keep a small quantity of cooking liquid, and then drain the carrots well.
- Process the carrots in a blender to obtain a smooth purée.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add a knob of butter, cumin and lemon juice.
- Add the cooking water from the carrots to adjust the texture of the purée, set aside and reserve.
Chicken stew preparation
- Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a The Rock skillet, add a drizzle of vegetable oil and sear the chicken cubes 3 to 4 minutes over high heat. Reserve.
- In the same skillet, sautée the mushrooms for 4 minutes, then add the onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the fresh thyme and chopped garlic, then put the chicken back into the pan.
- Add the white wine, let everything reduce by half, then add the cream.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes over medium heat.
- Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Pour the carrot purée at the bottom of the Lock&Lock Easy Match 850 ml Rectangular Container.
- Make a hole in the purée where you can place the chicken with its creamy sauce.
- Finish with some chopped parsley for taste and decoration but keep in mind that it will be changing color while reheating in the microwave.
- You could replace chicken by turkey for this recipe.