Risotto Express with Mushrooms and Duck Confit
Delicious Italian flavors with a hint of white truffle oil. Simple and very effective when using the herb scissors and the Easy Rotary Grater by Starfrit! You will be saving lots of time and effo
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- 1 White onion
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup White wine
- 2 Liters Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Button mushroom
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 10 sprigs Parsley
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Confit duck legs
- In a The Rock stock pot, bring the broth to a boil, add your rice and cook 7 minutes.
- Once the rice has been pre-cooked, drain it, carefully keeping the broth.
- Spread the rice on a large tray or plate to stop the cooking.
- Chop the thyme, garlic and parsley with the fine Herb scissors, by Starfrit.
- Thinly slice the onion as well as the mushrooms and grate the Parmesan with the Easy Grater.
- Shred the duck legs confit.
Preparation for the risotto
- In a pan with olive oil, sweat the onion until it is soft and translucid, add the thyme.
- Follow with the rice and the white wine and cook until it has absorbed completely.
- Cover with the broth (the cooking liquid of the rice) and cook until the rice absorbs all the liquid.
- Repeat the last step until the rice is cooked al dente.
- While cooking the risotto, in a hot The Rock pan with olive oil, cook the garlic with the mushrooms for 4-6 minutes until the mushrooms are browned and nicely colored.
- Add the duck confit to warm it up. Remove the risotto from the heat and add the parsley.
- Place the risotto in a bowl and add the parmesan and a little bit of white truffle oil.
- In a bowl, put two tablespoons of risotto, garnished with mushrooms and duck confit.
- The risotto is the kind of dish that you can make endless variations upon, so don't be scared to try different substitutions.