One Pot Easy Rotini Puttanesca
Healthy and comforting, this One Pot pasta recipe inspired by Barilla features Barilla Pronto rotini, tomatoes, olives and capers. Perfect for true pasta lovers!
- 1 box 12 oz (340 g) Barilla® Pronto® Rotini
- 1 can 28 oz (796 ml) whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) black olives, sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) capers
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (750 ml) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley, chopped
In your The Rock One PotTM 5 Qt Dutch Oven, add Barilla® Pronto® Rotini, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, olives, capers and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Add water (make sure water covers the pasta). Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until half of the liquid is absorbed. Add red chili flakes and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with parsley. Adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
For more information about Barilla® Pronto™, visit www.barilla.ca