One Pot Sausage and Mushroom Pasta
Light tomato sauce, fresh basil and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese make this all-star One Pot Sausage and Mushroom Pasta Recipe one of your favorites! For an extra kick, use half hot sausage and half sweet sausage!
- 1 lb (454 g) spaghettini (or other long pasta)
- ¾ lb (340 g) pre-cooked sausage (chorizo style), sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 3 cups (750 ml) grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 to 30 fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4½cups (1.1 L) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In your The Rock One PotTM 5 Qt Dutch Oven, add all the ingredients except for the cheese; stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low, stir and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly until pasta is al dente. Adjust seasoning. Stir in cheese.