One Pot Teriyaki Tofu with Noodles
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) firm tofu, cubed
- 1¼cups (315 ml) snow peas, trimmed
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- White or black ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) egg noodles
- 2½cups (625 ml) chicken broth
In your The Rock One Pot 5 Qt Dutch Oven, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger and garlic; stir well. Add tofu cubes and coat thoroughly with the sauce. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low, stir and simmer, half-covered, for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook until pasta is al dente. Adjust seasoning.
The sauce can be thickened, if desired, by mixing a 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cornstarch with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cold water. Once pasta is cooked, add this mixture into the dutch oven and let simmer for 1 minute.