A simple and delicious recipe in which garlic plays a key role. Garlic is a food we tend not to like cooking with because its strong odor. But with the Starfrit Garlic Press with Scraper, garlic is more accessible and easy to cook than ever!
- 375 gr Tagliatelle
- 4 thick slices Prosciutto
- 1 Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 6 cloves Chopped garlic
- 1½cups Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 sprigs Chervil
Cooking the pasta
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Set aside 1 cup (250ml) of the boiled water, then strain the pasta and transfer it back to the pot.
Preparing the garnish
- In a The Rock skillet with oil, sweat the prosciutto (sliced) with the onion (minced) and half of the garlic (minced using the Starfrit Garlic Press with Scraper).
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to the pot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, the other half of the garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Add ground pepper and then pour this mixture on to the pasta.
- Transfer back onto the stove top and cook on low heat while continuously stirring.
- You will notice the eggs will start to cook and thicken, coating the pasta.
- Make a nest in each serving dish and place the egg yolks in the center.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan.
- Finish the plate by sprinkling some fresh chervil.