Peanut Free Energy Bars
More and more kids suffer from food allergies and sending a healthy dessert or snack to school that is peanut free can be a challenge. Try this recipe that will be sure to satisfy kids and adults for a healthy snack alternative.
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) finely chopped dates
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) finely chopped dried abricots
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) finely chopped dried cranberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) finely chopped dried pineapple
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) seasame seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) oat flakes
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) soya butter
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) confit lemon zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil water and dried fruit. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat until water is completely evaporated.
- In a bowl, mix dried fruit and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the bottom of a square pan (8 inches) with parchemin paper. Put mixture in the pan and press firmly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unmold and cut into bars of approximately 2.5 x 1.5 inches. Keep refrigerated. Can be kept in freezer.
Source: © Pratico-Pratiques 2017